Re: gEDA-user: RFC refdes positions on pcb

DJ Delorie wrote:
  > I've had that problem.  I just shut off the names for the board, and
> turned them back on only for the electronic view for reference.
Personally, I don't like a board without refdes on it.  Same goes for
refdes that hides underneath the part.  It's just too hard to work on
the board.  Yes, you can have a separate sheet of paper that maps the
whole thing out but I don't like to carry around another document.

> Are you trying to solve the refdes-shortening problem?
nah, not really
>>  Or just trying to come up with a workaround for names that don't fit?
yep.  In this example, the stuff I showed you is compact so the names
don't fit.  But, there's a ton of room below it.  This way seems like an
ok way to place the refdes.

>>For best results, you'd want to Add a
> grid system so you can find things on the board.
Sounds like another cool feature :)  You better get on it :D~