Re: gEDA-user: Yet another netlister

A.Burinskiy wrote:
> Dear gEDA community members,
>
> I created yet another netlister for gschem. Netlister supports flattened
> or hierarchical netlist, handles slotting and global net names. Will be
> glad to hear any feedback. The source located in:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/ynetlist/files/

I hate to complain when someone is contributing something which may be
useful, but I have to wonder if netlister efforts could be better spent
in fixing the various issues people have with gnetlist instead of
inventing many more netlisters....  Here is my concern.  The gEDA
community isn't all that large and there are fairly limited resources
for it.  Having multiple netlisters seems to just produce the problem of
too many places for identical bugs to creep in and spreading people too
thin.

Is there anyone who has tried all 4 netlisters and would be in a
position to maybe make a table that somehow gives a sane comparison
between the 4?  That might be a useful way to help identify areas in
each that need work.

Oh, lets not even think about how much work is caused if gschem needs to
update its file format and there are N different parsers out there.

-Dan