Re: gEDA-user: What's the best way to run a test version of iverilog?

Patrick Doyle wrote:
> If I want to compile and test a particular version of Icarus Verilog
> without messing my existing working installation, what's the best way
> to do that?
>
> I could configure it with a prefix of some temp directory and add that
> directory (/bin) to my path.
>
> Or I could just run it in the compile directory, confident that it
> will run the various executables from that directory and not from my
> path, if I were so confident.

Or you can configure with the --suffix=<str> argument and go
ahead and install as normal. For example:

 ./configure --suffix=-test
 make
 make install

The result will be the commands iverilog-test, vvp-test, et al.
installed along side any other iverilog install.

http://www.icarus.com         and lines to code before I sleep,