Re: gEDA-user: gsch2pcb and pcb, paths to footprints

Hi Karl,

Karl Hammar writes:
 > gsch2pcb:
 >
 > How can I tell gsch2pcb to search the current directory for footprints?
 >
 > This
 >
 >  $ cat ~/.gEDA/gnetlistrc
 >  (component-library ".")
 >  (component-library "${HOME}/git/openhw/share/gschem")

'component-library' is indeed a directive for gnetlist (actually
libgeda) but it has nothing to do with _footprints_. Instead it
instructs gnetlist where to look for _symbols_.

You can specify directories for _footprints_ to gsch2pcb either with a
project file as Stefan explained or with the 'elements-dir' parameter
from the command line.

You will need both.

Regards,

Patrick