gEDA-user: gsch2pcb and pcb, paths to footprints

gsch2pcb:

How can I tell gsch2pcb to search the current directory for footprints?

This

 $ cat ~/.gEDA/gnetlistrc
 (component-library ".")
 (component-library "${HOME}/git/openhw/share/gschem")

did not help.

pcb:

Is there any file where I can specify the paths to footprints?

I tried a lot of things, but the only thing that seems to work is
to specify them on the command line (with --lib-newlib).

***

Also, it seems that you cannot specify the directory in itself, the
programs exspect to find subdirs (used as labels pcb's library window)
where the .fp files are. Is there any way around that?

Regards,
/Karl