Re: gEDA-user: Script for converting mm to hundredths of thou

Robert Spanton:
> I'm a European under the age of 40, and as such my brain works in
> metric.  So I'll write footprints for PCB in metric, then do the
> conversion over to those weird units as a last step.  So I banged the
> attached script together.  This replaces all instances of "Nmm" (e.g.
> '0.127mm') with their value in hundredths of thou.

Great, I did the same thing but in perl...
I see some differences in our versions, my version:

. converts xx.mm -> xx so I can continue to edit the "mm"-file
. converts multiple files on command line
. rounds to the nearest integer

> Maybe this'll also be useful to others who are on this list.
>
> For those who might be interested, this utility lives in the Student
> Robotics tools git repository:
> https://www.studentrobotics.org/cgit/tools.git/

Mine is at http://turkos/git/openhw/share/pcb/pcbmm.pl
(git://turkos.aspodata.se/openhw.git)

Best would be if pcb could parse theese "mm"'s on input.

Regards,
/Karl Hammar

---------
Aspö Data