Re: gEDA-user: Draft Licence for Open Source Hardware published (OT)

timecop wrote:

> I don't actually use Protel

I did for five years at my day job -- protel98SE to be exact. There were
some very useful features that geda/pcb still misses. However, the match is
much closer than the suggested 1:10. In fact, there are some critical areas
where the open source alternative wins hands down.
* true polygons rather than a shaky hatching procedure
* no data loss due to data base failure.
* works on lin, win and mac rather than confined to windows
* integrates nicely with versioning systems

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Ãffentlicher PGP-SchlÃssel: