Re: gEDA-user: dxf again

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 11:20 PM, Bert Timmerman
<bert.timmerman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> Indeed, I did a half baked and buggy attempt at:
>
> http://github.com/bert/pcb-dxf-hid.git
>
> Just my EUR 0.02 (as if this first attempt to code something in C is worth
> half that much ;-)
>
> IMHO, it might be better to do the pcb2dxf stuff as a plug-in.
>
> At one moment in time it did actually compile (with a lot warnings) but the
> resulting files were wrong, that is, they didn't load into AutoCAD.

So what was the status?  I got it to compile cleanly, but it didn't
make an output file.  The fopen() call is never executed.

Also, it appears to print things to the dxf file directly, but also
links dxflib.  Which approach were you trying to take?

I'm thinking that my use of dxf is different than everyone else's:  I
want to edit in a real CAD program, then import back into pcb, but
everyone else seems to want to edit gerbers in 2d cad.  So maybe the
tool I want is different.

Regards,
Mark
markrages@gmail