Re: gEDA-user: PCB X.00

DJ Delorie wrote on the other list, were mere mortals like me are not
allowed to post:

> I don't know.  My conundrum at the moment is that pcb is at 1.99z so
> we're out of letters,

why not go on with either 1.100, or 1.991, or 1.99za, or 1.99Ã ...

Seriously, I'd love to see some form of more fine grained versions. Why not
three dot separated numbers like almost every other application on my
desktop (gnome 2.28.3, KDE 4.3.4, ooffice 2.2.0? The pcb version has been so
long at 99.z that it renders the result of the --version command line option
virtually useless.

This output should include some automatically at compile time generated bits
of information. Say, the build time, and when applicable, the patch level
and the name of the current git branch.

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak