Re: gEDA-user: "enable view soldermask" trouble

David,

The soldermask can be toggled on/off for visibility in PCB. The output of PCB will always create a soldermask gerber since there is this info embedded in the footprints.

If you're making boards without mask, you simply erase the 'mask' (either front back or both) layer you don't need before sending your gerbers for fab.

If your boards will have soldermask, then it happens automatically thru pcb so long as the mask clearance is specified accurately in PCB. A text editor will excel at this task.

Phil Taylor

David Griffith wrote:

I'm following Ronja's guidelines[1] for making new footprints and I'm having trouble with the direction to "Turn on soldermask by Screen -> Enable view soldermask". There is no screen menu anymore and I can't seem to find any option to view the soldermask. Help!

[1] http://ronja.twibright.com/guidelines/footprints.php