Re: gEDA-user: pcb GL can't render stretched arcs

2011/7/14 Karl Hammar <karl@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Looking at pcb.pdf, page 64, section 8.8.1 Arc...
>
> Andrew Poelstra:
>> If you have a full ellipse, then Width and Height are exactly
>> what they sound like -- the full length from one side of the
>> ellipse to the other.
>
> The file format specifies it as:
>
>  Width Height
>   The width and height, from the center to the edge. ...
>
> Are you saying that the parser etc. is doubling it?
>
>> There is no way right now to rotate the ellipse, so alpha
>> from the site you cited is always 0.
>
> And there is no way to specify a "slanted" ellipse in the file format
> either, so if we really want ellipses, the file format is incomplete
> and should be changed.
>
> Why not just give a warning if width and height is not equal, saying
> that we don't really support ellipses for the moment, and be done with
> it.

Sorry for the noise.
According to the manual ( I just checked) Arc is just a quarter circle even
though it is overspecified in terms of parameters.
Ellipses are not mentioned.

I just liked the challenge with rotated ellipses especially checking for
intersection between them.