gEDA-user: Design Nark

Is it just me being a Grumpy Old Man or does anyone else take issue
with RS over their advertising for their Design Spark EDA tool?

In particular the statement at the end of the last paragraph in:

http://www.designspark.com/content/designspark-pcb-version-2-takes-pcb-design-another-dimension

that "With the release of DesignSpark PCB Version 2, RS has reaffirmed
its commitment to delivering the best open source experience to its
engineering community."

To the best of my knowledge, no source code for Design Spark has been released.

I have had conversations with people presenting Design Spark at RS
sponsored events about making Design Spark open source and have been
told categorically that they have no intention of releasing the source
code.

I suppose RS do only claim to be delivering whatever it is that they
are delivering, "to its engineering community.", i.e. not to anyone
else's.

To a lesser extent I find the statement here:

http://www.designspark.com/theme/designspark-pcb

that "DesignSpark PCB is the world's most powerful free of charge PCB
design tool." a bit presumptuous too.

Bah. Humbug!

         Andy.

signality.co.uk