Re: gEDA-user: possible collaborators on PCB, gschem [Kicad (or another FOSS tool)]

> [1] Notice I don't represent the whole of CERN in this, just a corridor
> of "hackers with an attitude".

Make a PCB HID that is a plug-in to ROOT, problem solved. :-)

http://root.cern.ch/drupal/

I've actually thought  doing of that a couple of times.

Javier, would that actual be of any value?
[Your FOSS tools message made the PCB mailing list in short order.]

For those that have never heard of ROOT:

ROOT's well documented, Open Source (their own license) and part of
the CERN data collection infrastructure.
C++ code where everything descends from a common object TObj etc...

http://root.cern.ch/drupal/content/users-guide

Graphics and Graphical User Interface
Graphical containers: canvas and pad, graphical objects, axis,
legends, postscript interface, 3D viewers
http://root.cern.ch/download/doc/9Graphics.pdf

Writing a Graphical User Interface
http://root.cern.ch/download/doc/25WritingGUI.pdf

If you're not into PCB they also cover various simulators, and how to
save Petabytes of data with error recovery.
You might only be able to find that elusive Higg's Particle once, how
do you deal with a full disk array when it happens kind of thing; via
robust file structures.  Worth everyone looking at the project
regardless of your interests, you'll find something of interest to
you.