Re: gEDA-user: Anybody ever had a board assembled (pick and place)?

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 1:28 PM, yamazakir2 <yamazakir2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have had many boards manufactured but never had one also assembled.
> What are the costs to do this? Are there any (cheap) manufactures that
> also do pick and place? Do they buy the components for you or do you
> have to send them reels, meaning you have to buy 1000's of components
> at a time?

I've addressed those very questions in my hardware blog over the years:

"Is there a rule of thumb for estimating the cost of getting circuit
boards assembled?":

http://blog.designer-iii.com/contract_manufacturer/20090616-211514-Is-there-a-rule-of-thumb-for-estimating-the-cost-of-getting-circuit-boards-assembled