Re: gEDA-user: Warp pointer nonesense

On Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:44:29 +0200
Kai-Martin Knaak <knaak@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Peter Clifton wrote:
>
> >> On a large, crammed full board, where the feature is needed the
> >> most, the cross hair is almost invisible in when zoomed out.
> >> Highlighted SMD pads does not stand out on their own. They are
> >> just too small.
> >
> > You see the great big animated circles homing in on the part?
>
> Astonishingly, I did not see the circle on the zoomed out crammed
> board. My eyes must have been already sleeping... Now, that I know,
> what to look for, it seeems so obvious.

Another method of drawing attention to a part of the display that could
be helpful is a âtunnel visionâ effect:  fade most of the display,
leaving a small area non-faded around the feature of interest.  For
instance, when Ubuntu pops up a âAdministrator Access Requiredâ dialog
requesting password entry.

Regards,
Colin