Re: gEDA-user: Warp pointer nonesense

Colin D Bennett wrote:

> Another method of drawing attention to a part of the display that could
> be helpful is a âtunnel visionâ effect:  fade most of the display,
> leaving a small area non-faded around the feature of interest.  For
> instance, when Ubuntu pops up a âAdministrator Access Requiredâ dialog
> requesting password entry.

This is on of the gnome features I don't like. It mutes access to any
other aspect of the desktop until the password dialog ended. However,
I like to do things in parallel, let my attention hop between applications,
or spontaneously start something new. This is why modal dialogs are
strongly depreciated.

There is a different gnome feature we might adopt. The mouse pointer
can be highlighted if the control key is released while no other key
is active. In this case, a series of circles starts at the mouse, grows
a bit and disappears. The main difference to Peters patch is the short
duration. The feature shows just for a second. So it is much less
intrusive.

If you don't already know, the locate mouse feature is configured in
the gconf key  /desktop/gnome/peripherals/mouse/locate_pointer

---<)kaimartin(>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak
Email: kmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx