Re: gEDA-user: Anybody ever had a board assembled (pick and place)?

On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 5:35 AM, yamazakir2 <yamazakir2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I sometimes get boards done at 4pcb, I didn't know they do assembly.
> How much to they charge? And how big of a reel do you have to send
> them? And you just cut tape the amount of parts you need to assemble
> the amount of boards you want to manufacture?

A length of tape with no reel can be put onto a spare reel quite
easily, there's usually no charge.  The tape does need a leader of
around 300mm (varies) that has no components.  If your tape has no
leader then one option is to junk the components on the leader length
- not very expensive if you're talking about 60 millicent resistors
but a problem for expensive components.