Re: gEDA-user: RE: gEDASuite

Am 6/11/02, 10:59:40 PM, napisał Carl Hartshorn <carl@mips.com> na temat
gEDA-user: RE: gEDASuite:

> But the install apparently did not see an already installed guile-1.4 rpm
which
> puts it at /usr/lib

> And, I dont know if it removed the previous version of gEDA or not and,
if there
> are any user gEDA config files, the gEDASuite did not say anthing about
them or
> what needs to be done after install to make it usable.

	Ok. gEDA Suite Setup does not check (yet) what is existing in your
system. It installs its own guile to the directory you have selected, if
only guile is needed. I plan looking for installed tools, upgrading,
repairing and uninstalling features but not earlier as for version 0.4.

	After installation it is necessary to export manually PATH and
LD_LIBRARY_PATH to xxx/geda/bin and xxx/geda/lib. It will be done
automatically by setup in the next release - gEDA Suite 0.3, as well as
creating icons on GNOME and KDE desktops.

	What is your Linux distribution ?

Piotr Miarecki