Re: gEDA-user: RE: gEDASuite

On Wednesday 12 June 2002 00:21, Piotr Miarecki wrote:
> Am 6/11/02, 10:59:40 PM, napisał Carl Hartshorn <carl@mips.com> na temat
>
> gEDA-user: RE: gEDASuite:
> > But the install apparently did not see an already installed guile-1.4 rpm
>
> which
>
> > puts it at /usr/lib
> >
> > And, I dont know if it removed the previous version of gEDA or not and,
>
> if there
>
> > are any user gEDA config files, the gEDASuite did not say anthing about
>
> them or
>
> > what needs to be done after install to make it usable.
>
> 	Ok. gEDA Suite Setup does not check (yet) what is existing in your
> system. It installs its own guile to the directory you have selected, if
> only guile is needed. I plan looking for installed tools, upgrading,
> repairing and uninstalling features but not earlier as for version 0.4.
>
> 	After installation it is necessary to export manually PATH and
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH to xxx/geda/bin and xxx/geda/lib. It will be done
> automatically by setup in the next release - gEDA Suite 0.3, as well as
> creating icons on GNOME and KDE desktops.

Many thanks, Piotr, I had already done the former bujt forgotten about
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
That took care of it. Comes up fine, now.
I use SuSE 7.3
Seems to be OK. Now, if I can find some stuff about the local gschemrc files,
I'll be on my way.

The installer did work flawlessly (and, over a network to a Sun running 5.5)
Tuck