Re: gEDA-user: Icarus Verilog on MacOS X Problem

On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 01:42 AM, Hagen Sankowski wrote:

> ./config.log says:
>
> 	checking for dlfcn.h... (cached) no
> 	checking for dl.h... (cached) no
> 	checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) no
> 	checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no

here's what I got:

   checking for dlfcn.h... yes
   checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes

with:

* Mac OS X 10.1.5
* December 2001 developer tools with the February update
* dlcompat-20010505 (from cyrus-sasl-2.1.2 or so)

> But following lib files I found or not
> 	dlfcn.h	./usr/local/include/dlfcn.h
> 	dl.h	./usr/include/php/ext/standard/dl.h
> 	dlopen	not found
> 	shl_load	not found

All you need are /usr/local/include/dlfcn.h and /usr/local/lib/libdl.* --
the others are checked only because configure couldn't find dlfcn.h.

I think Steve is right-- removing config.cache and rerunning configure
should make it find /usr/local/include/dlfcn.h. Hagen, you have an extra
dot in front of the pathname-- I assume that's a typo? If not, try
installing dlcompat into /usr/local (the default, I think).

I did find a /usr/include/sys/malloc.h (at least on my version of OS X),
but it looks like kernel code. Can we switch to using stdlib.h for the
malloc() prototype? I'm sure there's an easy autoconf macro to
conditionally include malloc.h if it's there, but autoconf gives me the
creeps.

'make check' worked on my machine, after I fixed the malloc.h problem by
hand.

--
Charles Lepple <clepple@ghz.cc>
http://www.ghz.cc/charles/