Re: gEDA-user: GND and supply for PIC12C5xx

Thanks a lot for the response. I already started to create my own symbols. I
figured that I have no chance of incorporating the concept of an star-point
into the schematic if all parts are connected to the same VDD. (I do not know
how to translate Sternpunkt into english ... my best guess was star point) So
I created a part which is named Starpoint and used my own symbol.

Thanks anyway,

Uwe

Am Tuesday 10 June 2003 23:08 schrieb Ales Hvezda:
> [ Ales here, I'm reposting this since majordomo didn't recognize the
>   e-mail as being subscribed to the geda-dev/user mailinglist.
>   Please note that I am not the original author. ]
>
> -- Cut here --
> From: Marc Reibel <marc.reibel@reibel-web.de>
>
> On Sun, 1 Jun 2003 uwe.hartl@gmx.net wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > first of all, thank you for building an developement environment under
> > GPL!
> >
> > Probably I have the most stupid question you ever heard. I want to use
> > the PIC12C5xx and there are only the 6 signal pins in the symbol
> > included. 1. How do I connect the Power and GND to the chip?
>
> There are GND and VDD-nets used in the symbol.
> Just make sure you connect nets named "GND" and "VDD" to
> some powersource in your schematics and gnetlist will do
> the trick.
>
> > 2. Is there an automated check if all power and GND connected (ERC) to
> > make sure I did not forget half of the supplys?
>
> power- and vdd-nets will be connected automatically, so no
> need for manual ERC.
>
> > Thanks
> >
> > Uwe
>
> HTH,
> Marc
> ----
> Dipl.-Wirtsch.-Ing. Marc Reibel
> <marc.reibel@reibel-web.de> PGP-ID: 21AC7C78

Uwe Hartl                                e-mail: Uwe.Hartl@gmx.net

331 Sherrie Lane                         Telephone: (248) 596-0315
Northville, MI 48167
USA