Re: gEDA-user: use of include symbol from misc library

On Monday 16 June 2003 05:09, Terry Porter wrote:
> You could make your own debs from the Gaf tarballs ? Thats what I used to
> do, but I'm now using Gentoo Linux.

I am aware of this. I currently set up a tutorial on using Debian as a
platform for hobbyist circuit design. With this tutorial I don't want to go
_any_ further than telling the user: You have to have Debian unstable/testing
installed in order to be up to date. I originally wanted to stay with woody,
but I realized that development for woody is way too old for it to catch the
interest of a windows hobbyist. After having run unstable/testing for some
time, I have found that it has become a rather safe system and it is fairly
up to date.

Ales has mentioned that geda debs would fit on seul. It would be a reasonable
place to keep debs for the seul hosted geda stuff, maybe other similar
packages. I just don't know if it is possible to convince the maintainer of
the debs. There is need for another line in sources.list also.

--
Svenn