Re: gEDA-user: use of include symbol from misc library

On Wed, 18 Jun 2003, Ales Hvezda wrote:
> 	However, I'm curious, how would people react if I created
> statically linked and install independent binaries for new releases?
> Would people find that useful?	Presumably, these static binaries would
> run on any Linux system.

I prefer static binaries. It normally lowers the noise on mailing lists
as stuff "just works". Its also nicely avoids the case that OS updates
comes out which could (in theory) be detrimental to a gEDA program which
previously had been working. So the files a lot larger, big deal. Makes
it easier to work across the board for a lot more linux distributions.