Re: gEDA-user: PCB - elements and the solder paste screen

DJ Delorie wrote:

Does anyone have a suggestion where I have to look for it and if it is not there .. does somebody have experience with this issue, where to put it and how to define it? I mean, this is basically the reverse of the other layers. Everything should be covered and only the pads (or parts of them) needs to be open.

The mask is deduced from the pads and pins. The latest pcb allows you
to specify a mask clearance, which is added around the pads and pins
to determine the mask, but there is no separate mask. At least, not
until you print the gerber files ;-)

Essentialy, you create a pattern as usual. Then in PCB, to put the pattern on the solder side use view->solder side
and click in the display. Now you should be looking at the flip side of the board. Open the Library window. select the part you want and drop it in place.

The pattern is now on the solder side of your board. It has pads, solder mask, solder paste, clearence and silk screen ..... all on the solder side of the board.

When you generate your gerber files or ps files you will see files named soldermask soldersilk solderpaste....

Hope all of this helps.

Steve Meier