Re: gEDA-user: PCB lib.

Chad Robinson wrote:

Xtian Xultz wrote:

yes, you are. What I think is, if the footprints you designed have a standard definition, the name of the footprint must agree with the standard. Then, you can contribute with these design to the project. The problem is to contribute with a footprint named "little_connector_with_32_pins_with_shine_bubbles", this will make the design a nightmare...
IF the footprint doenst have any standard, then it can have any name...

I completely agree, and unfortunately many of the footprints in the library are just like this. There's also a lot of crossover - there are like 6-7 different 0805 resistor footprints. It would be nice to consolidate these.

Somebody needs to "own" the libraries and force quality control. In my experience that's the only way to make this happen. Is there a maintainer just for the libs?

Be carefull some pattern variation can be do to the assembly process. Different patterns may be needed.

Bellow is a note from the standard document.

*Note: If a more robust pattern is desired for wave soldering devices larger than 1608 [0603], add 0.2 mm to the
Y-dimension, and consider reducing the X-dimension by 30%. Add a ``W'' suffix to the number; e.g., 103W.

Steve Meier