Re: gEDA-user: 74xx series

On Friday 25 June 2004 06:57 am, Karel Kulhavy wrote:
> I have had some problems with implicit connections on Ronja.
>
> What's the alternative for implicit connections? Each gate symbol with
> power pins? Or 7th gate that has power and gnd pins?

Taking a 7400 as an example, you would have five gates: four NANDs, and
one that represents a box with just power symbols on it.  This is how
I've seen it rendered in every other professionally done schematic I've
ever seen.

To prevent the designer from forgetting about the power "gate," I would
have it so that the power block is the *first* thing to be laid down
into the schematic, not the last.  But I digress.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II