Re: gEDA-user: 74xx series

Here's another take on the options we have now:  When you have need for some gates
less than a word width use tiny logic packaged in 4 or 6 or 8 pin packages and do not
create slots in the symbols at all, and get the benefit of less spaghetti wiring going
hither and yon.   When you want 8 or 16 bits of a gate function in
discrete parts, consider a PLD, then occasionally, go ahead and use a 74xx style circuit...and risk
funny looks from the trendy.  Remake one symbol to be slotless to hook it up.
JG