Re: gEDA-user: a couple of dumb new user questions

On Tue, 2004-06-29 at 07:13, William Dieter wrote:
> the gschem warmup at
> <http://web.wt.net/~billw/gsch2pcb/gschem-warmup.html>

Thanks, Bill! This was exactly what I needed to get started. Any chance
a link to this could be added on gEDA documentation page? Or even
better, perhaps it could be added to the official documentation? I found
it far more useful than the documentation that came with gschem - this
document actually describes how to use gschem to make a schematic.

I was able to add the "title" component to the drawing but it still
seems a bit counter-intuitive to look for page layout settings in the
electronic components database. I understand the reason behind it now
but I don't think a new user will ever think of looking there. Maybe
this should be made part of the "new page" creation process?

But I'm begining to get the hang of it, so hopefully I'll be posting
fewer dumb question... thanks to everyone who sent helpful suggestion
and links.

-Steve