Re: gEDA-user: Help with creating schematics that can be netlisted/placed via PCB

On 6/2/05, DJ Delorie <dj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Well, the gtx port helped (in theory) but yeah, the UI is still all
> over the place.  Feel free to fix it ;-)

I would love to.  Really, I would.  However, I wouldn't even know
where to begin.  Seriously.  Programs of non-trivial nature tend to
have their GUIs so intertwined into the core of the code that a
grass-roots re-write is often the best solution.  For example, the
distinction between adjusting line/via sizes and "using" them must
exist for a reason, but yet, the UI is patently broken by every modern
definition of the term User Interface.  How to fix this?  I'd have to
rewrite a substantial portion of PCB.

A quick perusal on my projects page shows that, with the exception of
CUT, all of my software projects usually end up dead over time.  I
tend to burn out very quickly.

--
Samuel A. Falvo II