Re: gEDA-user: Land pattern naming convention per IPC

The thing I didn't like about a prefix was the way the names sort. For
example if I had an
SO8, SO8_ADI and an SO8_LTC and I wanted an SO8 package it would be
easier to find the appropriate version (in a simple sort) if a suffix
was used.

The place where I saw the manufacturer prefix was in the connector
section of the document. This is a little bit difference since there
is usually some diffierence in similar
connectors that would justify different footprints (i.e. housing dimensions).

Did you see it elsewhere?

(* jcl *)