Re: gEDA-user: gschem/gnetlist question

>which did not produce errors when I ran gnetlist -g drc ...
>When you say  drc or drc2 seems to be working, what do you get for the
>output when you
>execute gnetlist -g drc rlc.sch -o rlc.txt? I get a whole bunch of errors.
>I would appreciate if you send me your output file for the circuit rlc.sch.

	I typically do not run the drc or drc2 backend on spice netlists.

>Yes, I mean simulate or produce output without  errors. Simulate is
>perhaps too early to use because
>I have yet to get to using spice.  I actually read this tutorial. The

Have you tried running:

	gnetlist -g spice-sdb -o out.spice rlc.sch

Your file generated the following netlist:

* gnetlist -g spice-sdb -o out.spice rlc.sch
* Spice file generated by gnetlist                      *
* spice-sdb version 5.16.2005 by SDB --                 *
* provides advanced spice netlisting capability.        *
* Documentation at http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/   *
V1 2 3 6V
L1 1 3 10uH
R1 2 1 17
C1 3 1 5nF
.END

which looks like a valid spice netlist to me.

>>http://www.brorson.com/gEDA/SPICE/t1.html

This link really includes all the information that you need to go
from schematic to netlist to simulating your design.

								-Ales