Re: gEDA-user: help needed with pcb auto-optimize

> I succeeded in routing the pcb by hand by drawing lines at the
> solder layer to.

Er, ok, but be careful - the optimizer will only optimize orthogonal
lines.  If they're at a slight angle, it leaves them alone.  You might
want to figure out how to supply a netlist and use the autorouter.
It's a lot faster, and always produces orthogonal lines.

> Of course I can see now I should have used ( and spent some time in
> figuring out) the layers funktion. I'll promise to do that with my
> next projekt.

No, that's fine.  If it's a one sided board you only need to use one
layer.

> The auto-optimize does it work on rats or lines? (Yes I have seen the
> Only on autorouted checkbox)

Lines.

> How do I select what I will auto-optimize?

If you select anything, it optimizes that.  If nothing is selected, it
optimizes everything.