gEDA-user: Multi-part symbols

Hi all,

I'm trying to create a symbol for a particular 40 pin interface that I
use on several of my boards.  The (fixed) functions of the pins can be
easily divided into logical groups like power, data bus, clocks, etc.
As a result, I'd like to make my symbol have several parts so that I can
make the schematic more straightforward.  I saw an SBC design that had
multipart symbols for an FPGA and only one symbol had a footprint, name,
etc and the remaining parts simply had the same refdes as the first.  Is
there a way to do this cleanly so that refdes_renum doesn't number each
part of the multi-part symbol differently?

Thanks,
David Carr