Re: gEDA-user: cc2420 (ZigBee) board

The error is because of the version you noted.  If you delete line 11
it I think you might be able to open it.

On 6/2/06, George M. Gallant, Jr. <ggallant571@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Is there a method in PCB to create a hole in the ground plane such as desired around the antenna. I am currently finishing a 2 layer pic/nrf24l01 transceiver board with similiar layout requirements.

I just limited where I drew the rectangle for the ground plane. On a similar note is there a way to get rid of pieces of floating copper in the ground plane?

Oh and WRT the comment earlier about a top and bottom ground plane
near the radio chip, can anyone else comment on that?  I thought I'd
heard something about grounding suggesting that isn't as beneficial
but I cant' remember specifics.

John - Yeah, I saw the Tmote - it's really cool and the msp430 <-->
cc2420 area works fairly similarly.  I would like to use the USB/in
circuit programming aspects and probably will in a later version but
right now I wanted to keep it simple to see if I can get a radio link.
I have limited testing equipment so my buttons and LED's will be put
to good use.

Thanks,
James