Re: gEDA-user: cc2420 (ZigBee) board

I didn't look at it much, I started this project a while ago before
that document was out with the dipole antenna.  Looking at the CC5200
it's less suited for my needs.  I'm trying to make a network of
sensors around my apt for random things.  Remote controls, temperature
outside, control A/C, integrate to computer, etc.  The ZigBee protocol
is more inclined to that and and CC2420 implements some of this.  The
CC5200 looks like it has the same radio frontend though and the same
antenna would work for it.  Once I get these boards back and see if
they work (cross fingers) I will probably toy around with the antenna
and layout more liberally and try and shrink it.  I want to make a
keychain fob with a few buttons, and that dipole looks more condensed
since it can sit on the long axis of the circuit - plus less 0403
inductors to solder :).

The real fun chip coming out is the CC2431 though, it has a built it
8051 processor and can triangulate it's location based on fixed nodes.

Thanks though,
James