Re: gEDA-user: cc2420 (ZigBee) board

Hans Nieuwenhuis wrote:

Is there an easy way to do this aside from the tedium of manually
placing many holes?

Not that I know of, but maybe someone more experienced with PCB can give more info.

Of course one can start by placing two vias, then copy them, paste (now you have 4), then copy and paste that (now 8) etc. until you have a good array of vias in the paste buffer. If you're an RF designer and you do this a lot on a 0.1 inch spacing say, you could save the via field as an element file [they would still be vias so you can manipulate them easily] You can even save them with zero-length lines to make solid copper fills. Then just pick it from your library in the future.

I think this is simple enough that there is not much reason to try to automate it directly in the pcb code; but if you really, really want that, then probably we should let the command interface be scriptable (SWIG anyone?).

h.