gEDA-user: Implicit or Explicit Power Pins

Hi,

I just started using gEDA and need some guidance.

The Gschem FAQ says to always make power pins explicit:

http://www.geda.seul.org/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=geda:faq-gschem

The geda net= mini-HOWTO says that implicit power pins are recommended:

http://geda.seul.org/wiki/geda:na_howto

I'm making a board that uses the ATMega8 and would like to put decoupling caps on the Vcc. How do I do this if there is no Vcc pin on the symbol? Do I need to add pins myself? If the consensus is that explicit pins are generally the way to go, is a push to update the library being made?

Seems like everybody could be happy if power pins could be included in all the symbols, but then easily hidden or shown by setting an attribute on the symbol itself...

-Dan