Re: gEDA-user: OT: UV exposure?

DJ Delorie wrote:
I was thinking... epoxy coat the whole board (except your sensors).
Then, put a second coat on and press a layer of aluminum foil into it
(with suitable cutouts).  Then a third coat on the outside of the
foil.

Overkill, perhaps, but it should block all light and chemicals.

hmmm... I'd be happier if the metal shield were grounded. Obviously it depends on the exact circuit, but this could lead to some interesting coupling. Shouldn't be too hard to calculate for a few cases. Watch out for op-amp summing nodes, thats one place where you can easily couple in things. Reminds me of a 4-layer board I saw once that had the ground and power planes swapped internally ( top, VDD, GND, bot instead of top, GND, VDD, bot) and the VDD plane ended up acting as the path for some unwanted signal coupling.

Neat idea though.

-Dan