Re: gEDA-user: OT: UV exposure?

On 6/27/06, Dave McGuire <mcguire@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 27, 2006, at 11:01 PM, DJ Delorie wrote:
> I was thinking... epoxy coat the whole board (except your sensors).
> Then, put a second coat on and press a layer of aluminum foil into it
> (with suitable cutouts).  Then a third coat on the outside of the
> foil.
>
> Overkill, perhaps, but it should block all light and chemicals.

   Wow, that is a fantastic idea...It's cheap, and *nothing* will get
through that foil.  Thanks!

Be careful of the way that you coat your components with epoxy. If you are heating the board during the day and cooling at night the expansion and contraction of the epoxy may damage the components or the solder joints.

You may want to apply a conformal coating over the components before you coat
with epoxy.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org