Re: gEDA-user: Help request

al davis wrote:
1.  I don't recommend using Ubuntu to build software.  Ubuntu
doesn't come with the usual build tools (gcc, header files
and all that) installed.  That's why you had all the
dependecies to deal with.

Ubuntu is good for e-mail and text editing, but not at all
good for the task you are attempting.  Try Fedora Core or
SuSE instead.  They are reasonably user friendly, and are
*complete* distributions.

After reading this too many times I decided to try it.

Thanks Al. Its good to see people reporting real experience rather than FUD. And I do like it better when it matches my experiences. :)

Although I'd suggest that the big dollar commercial software is more likely to be run on Redhat then Fedora. Whats the point in paying for support then sidestepping things?

john