Re: gEDA-user: Symbol creation questions

I think I answered both my questions :)

1 - I had made the invisible text visible, which is a permanent change ( as opposed to show/hide inv text ). This changed the way the preview scaled because of all the extra text on top.

2 - It is aligned, but to a 50 thou grid instead of a 100 thou grid.

Definitely impressed with the program now that I've passed the steep beginning learning curve!

Cheers,

-Dan

Dan Sandberg wrote:
Ok, I opted to add power pins to the symbol because the idea of having capacitors floating near the part struck me as odd :)

Some questions about custom components:

1- I copied the Atmega8-1.sym symbol and pasted it on a new page, and saved the new page as Atmega8-dan.sym. Why is my chip zoomed out in the add component preview window as compared to the original? I did a translate 0 before saving, and I made my zoom the same as the original before saving too. What else effects how it looks in the preview?

2 - I believe the docs recommend that things generally be snapped to the grid. How come this part's components ( pins, rectangle, ... ) aren't aligned to the grid? Thanks for the help,

-Dan