Re: gEDA-user: D-BUS and gEDA?

On Jun 12, 2006, at 12:19 PM, Peter Brett wrote:
"Portable" meaning "runs on different Linux 'distros'", or portable
to other OSs and architectures? If it's truly portable, this is a
great step forward for application interoperability. I need to read up
on this!

If it didn't port to everything Qt ports to, KDE4 wouldn't be built around it.

Including Windows.

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/dbus/2006-May/004755.html

Well KDE isn't exactly a shining example of portability, man. ;) Is Qt more portable than KDE? As in, if I try to compile Solaris/UltraSPARC binaries for it with Sun's notoriously (and gloriously!) picky compiler, will I end up with libraries, or less hair?

  (I've not touched Qt for quite a while)

           -Dave

--
Dave McGuire