Re: gEDA-user: gEDA - gschem 20060123 Failure

On Jun 12, 2006, at 7:03 PM, Ales Hvezda wrote:

Sounds like the infamous slice bug. Try:
export G_SLICE=always-malloc

Thanks, that seemed to fix the problem.

Okay, it is now 100% clear that there is a problem in libgeda and/or gschem. It's most likely due to memory being allocated with malloc and being freed using g_free or the reverse. Oops. I need to reproduce this problem on my box (or if anybody wants to help please feel free) and then go through and find the offending pair.

Closing a page with "pc" when I have a bunch of pages open seems to reliably trigger the problem if G_SLICE isn't set. I just now went into a directory with a bunch of schematics, typed "gschem *.sch", and then typed "pc" at gschem, and sure enough, it segfaulted.

geda 20060123
glib 2.10.3
gentoo Linux on an AMD Athlon 64

jpd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx