Re: gEDA-user: solder pads showing on wrong side of board.

John,
I tried the flag change to 0x0880 earlier today - 'bit 7: pad is located on the solder side'. I still do not like the result. Now all of the pin holes are gone in the element when I print out my board. I want the pin holes to help guide me in drilling those tiny holes. Is the pads covering the pin holes intentional? Could it be fixed or has it been fixed?

This is revealing some very basic confusion I have over how pcb is initially layed out. Choosing the red/component line from the 'Layer' menu to make traces on the solder side, and choosing the blue/solder line to make traces on the comonent side is very confusing. I guess all I have to do is rename the layers to suite my way of thinking about it.

	I mainly was using your DIP symbols.

Thanks for the symbols and the response,
Dave