Re: gEDA-user: solder pads showing on wrong side of board.

On 6/17/06, David Froseth <dfro@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
John,
        I tried the flag change to 0x0880 earlier today - 'bit 7:  pad is
located on the solder side'.  I still do not  like the result.  Now all
of the pin holes are gone in the element when I print out my board.  I
want the pin holes to help guide me in drilling those tiny holes.  Is
the pads covering the pin holes intentional?  Could it be fixed or has
it been fixed?

The pads covering the pin holes was intentional. When the gerber and drill files are used to make boards the drill holes are generated properly (but the rounded pad error is present). Unless you can print out the gerber and drill files this won't help you.

This is revealing some very basic confusion I have over how pcb is
initially layed out.  Choosing the red/component line from the 'Layer'
menu to make traces on the solder side, and choosing the blue/solder
line to make traces on the comonent side is very confusing.  I guess all
I have to do is rename the layers to suite my way of thinking about it.

It sounds like there is a mistake in the Groups line of your PCB file. In my PCB files I have the line ---

Groups("1,c:2,s:3:4:5:6:7:8")

which specifies layer 1 is component and layer 2 is solder. In my layer menu
I have the component layer set to red and the solder layerset to blue. Exit PCB
and view your PCB file in an editor.

(* jcl *)

--
http://www.luciani.org