Re: gEDA-user: Freedog Notes

John Luciani wrote:

> I built some storage trays that hold low cost tin-plated steel cans
> that are available from McMaster Carr. The document contains pictures
> and dimensioned drawings for trays that hold 1 1/2" and 2 3/8"
> diameter cans.

Nice. The holes in the wood trays look very clean.

There are commercially avaliable solutions too.
ELV sells a line of SMD boxes that can be linked like LEGO to yield
expandable SMD boards. Very handy. I like to have all resistors of the
E12 series available in a 30x30 cm board.
http://www.elv.de/shopping/ArtikelDetail.asp?Referenz=403%2D30&Gruppe=EC%2DAU&Stufe=2
(Sorry, no english version available)

The transparent lid of each box is held by steel springs and stays open
once lifted beyond 45°. There is an antistatic version too. Pricing is
competitive: 10 boxes are 1.95EUR.

---<(kaimartin)>---
--
Kai-Martin Knaak