gEDA-user: IPC 356 (was Re: How's my footprint?)

Friends -

On Sat, Jun 02, 2007 at 09:08:22AM +0200, L.J.H. Timmerman wrote:
> Or does a defacto standard format already exist ?
> Together with a netlist of connecting traces this would give enough
> information for testing conductity in an automated fashion.

Does IPC 356 do what you want?  A shop I deal with
recommends this for their checks.  It lets them both check the
Gerber itself, and generate user-meaningful reports from the
flying wire.  I have it on my to-do list, but not very high, and
I won't be offended if someone else works on it first.

   - Larry