Re: gEDA-user: schematic symbol text size for printing

Mike,

Thanks for the info.  I didn't know about the adjustment you mentioned; it
seems to work as you describe.  While playing with the adjustment I've
learned a bit more about my situation.   All of the symbols I had created
with the old gEDA used a font size of 8.  Symbols created with the new gEDA
use a font size of 10.  Thus, schematic pages I create with all new symbols
in the new version of gEDA look great.  Schematics created with the new gEDA
using my older symbols are the problem.  The system-gschemrc for my older
gEDA version does not seem to have the same adjustment so maybe it was hard
coded to something higher than the new gEDA system-gschemrc default value of
1.0.

I only have a few symbols in my library so I will change them all to a size
10 font.  I didn't really have a standard for creating the symbols because I
always started by using a similar symbol from the gEDA library as a
template.  Thus, I never really set the text size for any of my symbols. I
wonder if font size 8 was the size of choice for the older versions of gEDA.
I probably should have been working with a newer version of gEDA anyway but
I simply used the package that came with Debian Sarge.

As always, thanks for the quick response from the gEDA user group.

Best Regards,
Ed