Re: gEDA-user: Has anyone used SSOP28.fp?

Hi Dave and all,

On Wed, 2007-06-06 at 11:24 -0700, Dave N6NZ wrote:

> a) pcb paste layer gerber is directly from the pad layer, and I think in
> many cases that lays down too much solder.  I haven't experimented
> enough to be able to say for sure.  I'd like to see some paste layer
> control added to the footprint definition.

Since this is on a per thickness, per material basis for the stencil
involved, I think this could be better handled in a specific "stencil"
exporter with a configurable positive(=larger) or negative(=smaller)
offset value for the pad-outline.

> b) My current method for prepping a file for the laser cutter is a bit
> of a kludge.  Ideally, I'd like to see the gerber previewer have the
> option of exporting .dxf of the pad outlines from the paste layer.

If the exporter can be made configurable for not doing fill operations
on a pads in a pads-only-mode, then it's also possible to do this for a
DXF exporter.

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.