Re: gEDA-user: Has anyone used SSOP28.fp?

Hi Dave and all,

If I remember this correct (on top of my head) the Gerber exporter
ignores 1 mil lines by:
<code>
  if (gc->width == 1)
    return;
</code>

It might be possible to filter out 1 mil (or a smaller, specific width)
lines and arcs for paste layers by ignore everything wider than 1 mil in
a similar way in the mentioned stencil-hid.

<code>
  if (gc->width > 1)
    return;
</code>

Filtering could/should be done in in the stencil_draw_* () functions.

The stencil_fill_* () functions should translate any outline parameters
to arcs and lines.

In this way those lines and arcs could be in the footprint without
breaking the new-lib footprint file format.

If you need boilerplate code for exporting of DXF entities let me now, I
got a dxf lib for writing to files (not reading) from my DXF exporter
hid.

Just my EUR 0.02

Kind regards,

Bert Timmerman.